These references are referred to somewhere in this website. The “Details” link is provided to show a page with only that book listed. Books are listed in chronological order of acquisition or use, newest are at the bottom (for now).
Angell, I.O. and Griffith, G., High-resolution Computer Graphics Using FORTRAN 77, 1987.
There is lots of good stuff in here. @pentronikMore Details
Angell, I.O., Computer geometric art, 1985.
It’s just some patterns. I don’t find it that helpful, inspiring, or interesting. @pentronikMore Details
- Flanagan, David and Matsumoto, Yukihiro, The Ruby Programming Language, 2008. More Details
Mandelbrot, B.B., The Fractal Geometry of Nature, 1983.
A very good book. @pentronikMore Details
- Mandelbrot, B., Fractals: Form, Chance, and Dimension, 2020. More Details
- Yue, D., Perspective drawing by programmable calculator, 1984. More Details
- Gardner, M., Mathematical Carnival: From Penny Puzzles, Card Shuffles and Tricks of Lightning Calculators to Roller Coaster Rides Into the Fourth Dimension, 1975. More Details
- Oberg, E. and Jones, F.D. and Horton, H.L., Machinery’s Handbook: A Reference Book for the Mechanical Engineer, Draftsman, Toolmaker and Machinist, 1979. More Details
- Shiffman, D. and Fry, S. and Marsh, Z., The Nature of Code, 2012. More Details
- Farris, F.A., Creating Symmetry: The Artful Mathematics of Wallpaper Patterns, 2015. More Details
- O’Rourke, J., How to Fold It: The Mathematics of Linkages, Origami, and Polyhedra, 2011. More Details
- Jackson, P., How to Make Repeat Patterns: A Guide for Designers, Architects and Artists, 2018. More Details
- Van Verth, J.M. and van Verth, J.M. and Bishop, L.M., Essential Mathematics for Games and Interactive Applications: A Programmer’s Guide, 2004. More Details
- Thompson, D’Arcy, On Growth and Form, Abridged Edition, 1961. More Details
- Grünbaum, B. and Shephard, G.C., Tilings and Patterns, 1987. More Details
- Senechal, M., Quasicrystals and Geometry, 1996. More Details
- Harrison, C. and Wood, P.J., Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas, 2003. More Details
Choma, J., Morphing: A Guide to Mathematical Transformations for Architects and Designers, 2015.
Is it just me, or is the parametric range notation just incorrectly written? @pentronikMore Details
- Hilbert, D. and Cohn-Vossen, S. and Nemenyi, P., Geometry and the Imagination, 1952. More Details
- Lockwood, E.H., Book of Curves: U.P., 1963. More Details
- Mumford, D. and Series, C. and Wright, D. and Gonick, L., Indra’s Pearls: The Vision of Felix Klein, 2002. More Details
- Cirlot, J.E. and Sage, J. and Read, H., A Dictionary of Symbols, 1976. More Details
- Reas, C. and Fry, B. and Maeda, J., Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists, 2007. More Details
- Mitchell, W.J.T. and Mitchell, W.J. and Mitchell, W.J., The Reconfigured Eye: Visual Truth in the Post-photographic Era, 1992. More Details
Bayles, D. and Orland, T., Art & Fear: Observations on the perils (and rewards) of artmaking, 2001.
Really excellent for framing an art practice, particularly if you don’t have a background in it, or family to reference. @pentronikMore Details
- Charbonneau, P., Natural Complexity: A Modeling Handbook, 2017. More Details
- Tufte, E., Seeing with Fresh Eyes: Meaning, Space, Data, Truth, 2020. More Details